Rock Crawlers 4×4 Club, Inc.
1. This organization shall be known as the Rock Crawlers 4×4 Club, Inc.
1. The Rock Crawlers 4×4 Club is organized as a not for profit organization for the purpose of:
a. Providing social, educational, and recreational activities for its membership.
b. Participating in and supporting civic and environmental activities for the betterment of the community.
c. To promote the sport and pastime of four wheel drive travel in all phases.
d. To enjoy and protect the natural resources and support the multiple use principle as it applies to public land.
e. To promote interest in and ownership of four wheel drive vehicles.
f. To promote, organize and hold outings, meetings, runs, excursions, reliability trials, hill climbs, cross country trips and similar events.
g. To offer awards and prizes for various accomplishments of the persons of the club.
Membership and Dues
1. Owners of all makes and models of four wheel drive vehicles are eligible for membership in the Rock Crawlers 4×4 Club. Current ownership of a four-wheel drive vehicle is not a requirement.
2. Each membership includes the immediate family, however, voting power is restricted to age sixteen or older immediate family members living with the paying club member.
3. All members must conduct themselves in a respectable and orderly fashion when at Club activities or in any other way representing the Club. Any members disgracing themselves in the Clubs eye will be subject to immediate expulsion from the Club, subject to decision of the Board of Directors.
4. Dues for this organization shall be $ 24 (twenty four) per membership per year, payable at the January meeting. Any member whose dues are not paid by the February meeting shall be dropped from the rolls of this organization. Nothing herein contained shall prevent reinstatement of a delinquent member upon payment of the full yearly dues.
5. All personal expenses shall be born by each individual and are not to be arranged for in any manner by the Club.
6. Members shall immediately notify any officer of the Club of any change of address, telephone number or e-mail address.
7. Members are strongly encouraged to provide content for the Club newsletter.
8. Any person considered a member of the Rock Crawlers 4×4 Club is required to abide by these By-Laws.
1. Meetings will be held the second Thursday of each month at the American Legion Post 27 at 1195 Curtis Ave., Fayetteville, Arkansas. This meeting may be relocated or rescheduled by a 51% majority vote by the entire club membership.
2. The Board of Directors may schedule additional business meeting as necessary and when possible, members will be notified in advance of the meeting so that interested parties can attend.
3. A quorum is constituted by a 51% majority vote of the members present at any meeting.
Administration of Officers
1. The officers of the Rock Crawlers 4×4 Club shall consist of a President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and Editor and shall be known as the Board of Directors. It shall be their duty to draw up agenda for all Club and Board meetings. Further duties shall be to oversee Club business; to take such actions as might fulfill the aims of this organization, and to audit the books of the previous administration. The Board of Directors shall meet as needed with 51% majority vote constituting a quorum.
2. No officer shall be added to the Club except by a 51% majority vote of the entire club membership.
3. Special post may be provided, as needed to advise and support the administration, based on membership consent and Board approval.
Duties and Powers of the Officers
1. The PRESIDENT shall preside over all membership and Board meetings and be present at all events when possible. He/She shall be the executive officer and shall have the duty to carry out all the policies and decisions of the Board of Directors. He/She shall approve all checks with the Treasurer, unless both are members of the same family.
2. The VICE PRESIDENT shall, in the absence of the President, serve in that capacity. He/She shall also serve as Parliamentarian and perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Board.
3. The SECRETARY shall keep and preserve all records and minutes of the meetings of the regular membership and the meetings of the Board. He/She shall receive and answer all general correspondence pertaining to the organization. He/She shall also assist the Treasurer and the Editor in maintaining the records of all current members.
4. The TREASURER shall keep accurate and complete records of the funds and accounts of this organization, and shall collect all dues and maintain a record thereof. He/She shall make only such disbursements from the funds of the organization as are directed by the Board and Article 7 hereof.
5. The EDITOR shall be responsible for producing a monthly newsletter as long as adequate content is provided by the members. He/She shall maintain a database of members and their current mailing information.
6. The Rock Crawler 4×4 Club shall indemnify and hold harmless each person who shall serve at any time hereafter as officer of the organization from and against any and all claims and liabilities to which such person shall become subject by reason of his having heretofore or hereafter been an officer of the organization, or by reason of any action alleged to have been heretofore or hereafter taken or omitted by him as such officer, and shall reimburse each such person for all legal and other expenses reasonably incurred by him in connection with any such claim or liability. The rights accruing under the foregoing provisions of this section shall not exclude any other right to which he may be lawfully entitled, nor shall anything herein contained restrict the right of the organization to indemnify or reimburse such person in any proper case even though not specifically herein provided for. The organization, it’s officers, employees and agents shall be fully protected in taking any action or making any payment, or in refusing to do so, in reliance on the advice of counsel. The Board of Directors shall, within its sound business judgement and discretion, have the power to purchase and maintain insurance on behalf of any person who is or was a officer, employee or agent of the organization, or is or was serving at the request of the organization as an officer, employee or agent of another organization, partnership, joint venture, trust or other enterprise against liability asserted against him and incurred by him in any such capacity, or arising out of his status as such, whether or not the organization would have the power to indemnify against such liability.
Expenditures and Finance
1. All monies received from all sources shall immediately be turned over to the Treasurer to be deposited in the checking account of the Rock crawlers 4×4 Club.
2. Expenditures may be exercised as follows:
a. Any purchase or expense under $100 may be made at the discretion of the President or Treasurer as long as a receipt is provided.
b. Any purchase or expense over $100 but less than $1000 requires approval of the Board of Directors.
c. Any purchase or expense over $1000 requires a 51% majority vote of the members present at the meeting at which it is discussed.
d. Bids should be collected on any purchase or expense when ever possible.
3. When possible, purchases or expenses should be paid by check. All cash pay outs from Club funds
require a receipt.
1. The Board of Directors shall designate committees. The President shall assign each committee to a Director who shall be responsible for its activities and who, with the approval of the Board, will appoint a committee chairperson.
Election of Officers
1. The membership shall meet and elect officers for each fiscal year at the January Club meeting. The newly elected officers shall take office at the close of the January meeting with a thirty-day transition period before the old officers are discharged. Voting shall be in person. The members present at the January meeting must approve any exceptions.
2. All candidates for office must be regular members in good standing. Nominations shall be announced by mail, to each member in good standing, at least two weeks prior to the general election. If no nominations are made in advance for any office, nominations may be made from the floor at the beginning of the meeting. All nominees are required to stand before the membership and introduce themselves prior to the vote.
3. Balloting for all offices shall be made on a single form and will be held by secret ballot. All ballots for offices must be counted and checked by three members other than nominees.
4. A majority of votes cast is necessary for election to an office.
5. In the event of a vacancy in an office, an election shall be held to elect a successor
1. Any officer of the Rock crawlers 4×4 Club may be recalled by a 51% majority vote of the entire membership
1. All events shall be subject to the approval of the Board of Directors. Events will be under the direction of a Trip Leader appointed by the Board of Directors.
2. All trips must be conducted in an orderly manner and with safety as the prime factor.
3. All members, including the officers, are responsible to the direction of the appointed trip leader and his/her appointed assistants throughout the determined duration of an event
4. No provisions are to be made to permit any member to join an event at any time or location if that provision decidedly interrupts the designated time schedule or plan for the event.
5. Any events held on private property must have property owners permission, and will be subject to liability releases.
6. Any member or guest under the age of sixteen (16) must be accompanied by or have written permission of a parent or guardian to drive in any Club event. Members must take full responsibility for their guest.
7. All competitive events shall be under the direct authority, supervision, and control of the Board of Directors or committees appointed by the Board.
8. The board of Directors or their committees shall determine entrance classifications and regulations for various events and shall approve prizes and awards to be presented. Vehicles may be subject to technical inspection varying according to the type of event and shall be disqualified if found to be mechanically unsafe.
9. All members and guests participating in a event shall abide by the Motor Vehicle Code of the state concerned, and by the laws and regulations of the city, county, or the circumstances involved.
10. During Club sponsored trail rides, members in good standing may invite as many guest as their vehicle will carry, but no more than one guest driving an additional off-road vehicle that has past our technical inspection. Exceptions to this will only be made in unusual circumstances with approval of the Trail Leader. This will assure that no Club sponsored trail ride has to many participants, which affects the convenience and safety of those participating. Additionally, members inviting a guest shall notify the Trial Leader of this guest prior to the trail ride. When a given trail ride is particularly popular the Trial Leader may ask members to refrain from inviting guest with their own vehicles.
1. These By Laws may be amended by a 51% majority vote of all members. This vote may be conducted at a regular Club meeting or by a mail out ballot. Any amendment to these By laws must be presented to the membership at the regular meeting preceding that in which the vote is taken. If mail out ballots are to be used, procedure will be handled on a case by case basis.